August 19, 2012

A little "performance" art

The Demon who stole my face. 2006
   About 5 years ago as part of a first year project I created a kimono ensemble which reflected my deep interest in the Japanese spiritual world. Now I have been blessed with a job that gives me enough income to purchase a few pieces (more than a few actually).
    Fan Con is coming up and I am going in kimono. The one I decided to wear will be this beautiful wool blend hand made piece. The ensemble hopefully will come together this week as Saturday creeps closer. I have been praying that my new zori get here before then so that I can  wear them out.
         I just got my hair cut this weekend and my wig is not on hand. So I am not entirely sure what kind of character I will come up with or if I will change my kimono entirely for a different look.
   Bellow I have included a few pieces I am hoping to work with. Not all together but just pieces that made me think " I should wear that to the Con!".  Anyhow back to the sketch book to think some more. Id love to hear what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment